Drive thrus confuse me. I'm the one who asks, "Where do I go?" Or those drive thrus at the bank where you put your money into the tube. I never know when the teller is talking to me or the next guy over.
Vending machines are another one. It always spits back my dollar, or I push the wrong button. I don't know how these things happen.
You know what else is deceptive? The laundromat. I got a big ol lecture talking to about overpacking before we left for Texas. It may or may not have something to do with my giant purple suitcase being overweight for our 5 day trip to Hawaii. Yeah, it was bad, I AM an over packer.
So I trekked to the local laundromat with two bags of clothing (whites and colors of course).
I stare at the washing machines... and immensely start to miss my own set at home. How many quarters? Where does the soap go? How do I know the door is shut?
I tend to over think things. I tell my husband it's because I'm so smart. I have no street cred. None. I also tell my husband that sleep makes you smarter... and that's why I'm so smart.
Luckily, after staring blankly at the washing machine, a nearby family came to my rescue. There's something to be said about southern hospitality. Whew.
I finished The Help while waiting for the laundry. It's an excellent book, there's a reason everyone recommends it. If you haven't read it yet, put it at the top of your list!
You won't be sorry.
Oh, you want to know what else I did?
Ate more fajitas.
This time at Mamacitas.
We've been back a second time already.
We also went to a place called Guadalajara Hacienda.
I had the daily special: shrimp on a bed of cilantro rice with pineapple and avocado.
Somehow, they put mango on instead, which I'm highly allergic to and I had to eat around it. I wanted my pineapple dang it!
Jeremy had fajitas...
...they are his favorite. I ate aaaallll his guac. You know, cause I'm nice like that. And he hates avocado (!).
We also indulged in sopapias. A childhood favorite from when I lived in New Mexico.
I've visited The Woodlands mall several times now just to walk around for a bit...
I snagged some great deals while I was there. I'll show you what I got in another post.