I went to the women's fitness celebration expo that was going on this weekend and a specialty bakery was selling cupcakes for $1.
Red velvet, yum! I like the ratio of frosting to cake. There were so many to choose from: strawberry, lemon, coconut, chocolate, vanilla bean... but red velvet wins every time in my book.
I also got a lot of free stuff like tasty samples, chocolate milk, string cheese and entered lots of giveaways *fingers crossed* I never win anything though, so I am not holding my breath.
I'm usually not a pancake girl in the mornings because I think they too long, but I really had a hankering for them so I used a whole wheat honey mix plus mashed banana and real maple syrup.
Plus over easy eggs. I eat eggs nearly every morning, no oats for me!
A "snack" of sweet potato fries.
More sandwiches this week!
Turkey, smashed avocado, tomato, spinach and sprouts! I love sprouts but sometimes it takes some conscious effort to use them all before they get... slimy. I packed this cute english muffin full of them. Despite the size of this little guy... it packed a serious punch.
Look at me and my vegetarian salad:
Everything but the kitchen sink: black beans, avocado, tomatos (that were mushy and I ended up picking most of them out, spinach, sunflower seeds, boiled egg, mushrooms, goldfish crackers... did I leave anything out? I wished I had beets on hand, darn.
Confession: I did jack squat in the workout department this week. I have been feeling really fatigued and keep getting headaches about bedtime. I don't know if it's low iron/protein, sugar detox or stress about school.
Either way, I decided to listen to my body and lay low and get some extra sleep this week. At first I thought, man! I totally failed my goals this month. But then I realized that it's better to slow down than get run down. Sometimes our bodies just need a little R&R.
I did however
It great sprinting to the finish line. I really dug deep, because I like to finish strong. We both finished at 36:17 which is about average for me. I don't care that I'm not incredibly fast, I only compete with
myself.
p.s. like my sweet new under armour hat? I hate, hate, HATE running in sunglasses and this had was really lightweight and I didn't notice it at all while I was running.
If my fatigue does have to do with school stress, at it's paying off! I've been studying my butt off and I got a 90% on my lab exam! Woo!
Saturday night was Bronco Night!
Hunter was ready with his bandanna.
We beat Tulsa 41-21, Go Broncos!
I have a horrible "mommy" loves doggy voice ... you can check it out if you wish ... I am warning you it is bad! :) But really, do I sound like that!!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://semplicementej.blogspot.com/2011/09/remember-to-breathe.html
Catch you later!
J
haha I love people's silly dog voices! awesome job rocking your 5K, hope you feel better and get your energy back soon
ReplyDeleteoh i am so with you on pancakes, but when you make them, they are soooo worth it!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like this past weekend was the weekend of races! there's been a lot of 5Ks and triathlons going around my neighborhood too.
ReplyDeleteAnd wow. $1 cupcakes? Awesomeness.
That is the problem with sprouts isn't it? they are super delicious but they go bad quick smart!
ReplyDeleteMmmm! I love sandwiches on english muffins. I also love over easy eggs :)
ReplyDelete