Sunday, June 13, 2010

All Play, No Work!


This was my first week of freedom! So I made a goal this week, but I didn't tell anyone. Well, I probably mentioned it to my Honey, and maybe my fab new gym buddy.

I'd gotten really out of the habit of exercising, so I'm trying to get back into a routine! It seems if I can get into the gym Monday, I'm set the rest of the week.

Monday- Hour of pilates class with Whitney at the gym. This lady doesn't mess around and I love ever minute of it! Even if I feel like I'm going to die 15 minutes in. :)

Tuesday- Went for a 1.5 mile run on the track with my doggie, Hunter. Not super long, but I did a faster pace since I wasn't doing a long run. My Nike+ said I set a new record for myself for the fastest km yet! Alright!

Wednesday- Let me make this clear: I am. Not. In ANY way. A morning person. That said, I got up SUPER early at 5:30 (AM) and went to a weight training class called Body Pump with Laura my new gym buddy. It was great! I was glad I got myself up and to had my workout done for the day. And I'm pretty sure that my biceps are bigger. Almost positive!

Thursday- Allergy attack!! Ugh. I stayed on the couch blowing my nose all day. No fun.

Friday- Still a little sniffly. Took a nice long walk with Hunter.

Saturday- I planned to go to the gym for a nice sweat session, but then I got a call to go ride my dirt bike! For the record, riding a dirt bike is a LOT more exercise than it looks. Those bikes are HEAVY. It's physically and mentally EXHAUSTING. There's so much to think about it, and when I get into a rough patch, I have to talk myself through it and remain calm, even if I'm freaked about wrecking. It was still a short ride, and I didn't have any major spills like the last time I rode. I thought that I was going to have a big crash, but I managed to slow down, hang on, and make it through some rough terrain! :D

After biking, I looked out my back window to see that my lawn was growing taller by the hour. Two hours of weeding, picking up doggie poo and mowing later, I had definitely gotten my exercise for the day.

Sunday- Since for me, Sunday is a day of rest, I don't do any workouts, but walking is perfectly acceptable! So I took a nice little walk just under 2 miles.

So I'm super proud of myself for having a great week!

What fitness goals will you set for yourself this week/month? What's your alternate form of exercise (a.ka. mowing the lawn, yardwork, etc.)?

4 comments:

  1. Great job with the exercise! 5:30 IS early!

    My new fitness goal: trying a new form of exercise...Possibly pilates with you?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to lose 10 lbs by the fourth of July. It's challenging, but I've been hitting the gym. We went on vacation, but I bought some small weights and went jogging with them.
    Alternate form of exercise = walking. All. day. long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on exercising! I'm like you, if I wake up and do my Monday class, then I'm set on the right path to exercise normally throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on exercising! I'm like you, if I wake up and do my Monday class, then I'm set on the right path to exercise normally throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me the happiest person in the world! New to my blog? Don't be afraid to say hi!