And it involved shotguns and clay pigeons.
A lot of talking smack. That's how we roll.
Everyone was laughing and joking and trying to one up each other.
But above all, safety first.
Welcome to (eastern) Idaho.
![]() |
| Can you spy all the red shells? |
| J's uncle, J and J's cousin at the clay pigeon shooter. |
![]() |
| J's bro (holding the shortgun), his nephew, and half of J. |
Me? I'm more of a handgun girl, but I'd totally be up for learning to shoot clay pigeons. J is an excellent shot and he says I'm not half bad.
| Serious business. |
| I'm a secret agent. ;) |
After working up a good appetite being in the brisk, windy outdoors, it was time to feast.
![]() |
There was ham. With pineapple and amazing ham gravy.
You haven't lived until you've had J's mom's sweet ham gravy.
![]() |
| J's cousin and J's dad. |
There was also turkey.
![]() |
| J's uncle. |
J and I shared a dessert plate with pumpkin pie, apple pie, oreo pie, and pumpkin roll.
Nothing like eating a Thanksgiving dinner and then sitting in the car for the 4 hour ride back home. Oof.






Oreo pie is the BEST!
ReplyDeleteStuffing is one of my favorites too!
ReplyDeletePs..I have seen Bridemaids. The poo part was my favorite part. I'm so immature.
So happy you got to spend thanksgiving with J's family! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat picture of you shooting made me smile -- you look all cute and girly and then you are shooting a gun. I love it!! Sounds like a fun thanksgiving and not just an eastern idaho thang. When I went to visit J. Alabama's family last thanksgiving we were doing the same thing -- shooting guns before turkey. Fun times!
ReplyDeleteLOL! that is a redneck thanksgiving and i have definitely been to quite a few myselft. Love shooting shotguns!
ReplyDelete