Monday, September 6, 2010

Pumpkin Crumble Bars

Fall is starting to whisper in the air. From the cooler temperatures to football season. Try this twist on traditional pumpkin pie.

Photobucket

Pumpkin Crumble Bars
(adapted from Southern Food)

1 1/2 c. quick oats
1 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
3/4 c. butter

Filling:
16 oz. can pureed pumpkin
2/3 c. milk
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
(make your own by combining 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg)

Combine oats, flour, 3/4 c. brown sugar, pecans and butter and mix until crumbly. Reserve about 1 1/2 c. and press remaining mixture in to lightly greased 13x9 pan. Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes.

Combine filling ingredients until well blended and smooth. Spread filling over crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top and press in lightly. Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

Photobucket

Photobucket

How appropriate that these are orange!!

Tonight is BSU's first game against Virginia Tech. I'm having my high school girlfriends come over to watch the game together. GO BRONCOS!

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Wooooooooah girl, those pumpkin crumble bars look amazing!! I have GOT to make these!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yum! Those cookies look amazing!

    I was at the game tonight!! It was CRAZY!! But so much fun!! I JUST got home (it's 3am here!)

    Miss you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will most definitely be making those bars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh!!!! Deilcious. I love pumpkin and I love apple crumbles. This is like the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh i really need to make those this weekend! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin crumble bars, what a good idea!!! Thanks for sharing :-)
    I'm so into fall foods right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bars look amazing! I'm definitly going to make them soon. And GO BRONCOS! Gosh they rocked it last night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fall and all the yummy recipes that accompany the season! Can't wait to try this :)

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! Those look delicious!

    Looks like we were cheering against each other Monday night :) I'm a Hokie!

    It was a great game, though. Two good opponents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go TROJANS!

    Sorry, had to add that in. ^ ^

    Loving the bars...the crumble topping is the best part, don't you agree?

    p.s. My bro is a Hokie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look AMAZING! I bet your kitchen smelled fabulous too. I think it's so cool your university's initials are BSU..so are mine!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yum! Those look delicious!

    Looks like we were cheering against each other Monday night :) I'm a Hokie!

    It was a great game, though. Two good opponents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love fall and all the yummy recipes that accompany the season! Can't wait to try this :)

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh yum! Those cookies look amazing!

    I was at the game tonight!! It was CRAZY!! But so much fun!! I JUST got home (it's 3am here!)

    Miss you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me the happiest person in the world! New to my blog? Don't be afraid to say hi!